Browse the Library Catalogue Online
Malyon’s Library is located on the top floor of the Malyon building. The library has a comprehensive collection of over 32,000 books and 1500 e-books (including web-based journal databases), and a collection of CD-ROMs, DVDs, videos and audio cassettes. You can visit and browse the library catalogue online at http://malyon.softlinkhosting.com.au/liberty
Library Access & Borrowing
Access to the library and borrowing privileges are included in the tuition fees of students enrolled at Malyon. Other library clients (known as ‘external clients’) are welcome to consult the library resources on site for free. Borrowing privileges attract a $50.00 per semester fee and must be applied for.
Pastors accredited with Queensland Baptists, staff of the Queensland Baptists Gaythorne offices, accepted Baptist Mission Australia candidates and Malyon Vocational Training (VET) students may apply to be registered as a special category of external client, who are able to borrow library items without paying a fee.
On-campus Malyon operates a self-checkout and return system. Online you can search the library catalogue, check your loan status, renew your loans and reserve items to be collected from the library.
Loan periods are as follows:
6 items for 14 days (+ distance students have an extra 7 days)
10 items for 14 days (+ distance students have an extra 7 days)
6 items for 14 days
20 items for 28 days
* Limited interlibrary loans are available to research students on request
Other Library Services
- Computer access for students who need to use a word processor
- Printing and photocopying at a cost of 10c per sheet, plus scanning to USB available
- Reference Collection and Temporary Reserve items which are not for borrowing
- Free Wifi
- Quiet study spaces and discussion rooms for group work
- Moodle/ Student Portal: https://students.malyon.edu.au