Positions of Employment
From time to time we get asked to advertise positions of employment. We list those positions here, as they are brought to our attention*.
* Please note this is not a complete list of available positions within Baptist churches in Queensland (please view more here), nor is it a substitute for the usual Baptist pastoral placement procedures conducted by Queensland Baptists. For more information on Queensland Baptists pastoral registration procedures go to www.qb.org.au
|Position||Associate Pastor (Full Time)||Location||City North Baptist Church|
For over 90 years, City North Baptist Church has had a gospel presence on the northside of Brisbane. Our heart is to glorify God by being a Christ-centered, worshipping, growing, serving, missional community on the northside of Brisbane.
We are excited to be seeking an Associate Pastor to join our church community. Together with the other members of the pastoral team, the Associate Pastor will share in leading and overseeing the core areas of church life including:
- Teaching and preaching the Bible
- Equipping church members for service
- Providing Biblical counsel and encouragement and pastoral care to church members
- Praying for the members and mission of the church and leading others to do the same
In addition to the core responsibilities above, the Associate Pastor will have a leadership emphasis on building church community through fostering genuine loving, caring Christian relationships and overseeing church ministries that help people become connected to the life of the church.
- To be successful in this role, you will:
- meet the biblical qualifications for elders (see 1 Tim 3:1-7, Tit 1:6-9 and 1 Pet 5:1-4)
- be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of the church
- be committed to following Jesus, studying the Bible, growing in holiness, and sharing the gospel
- have a heart for knowing, loving and serving the members of our church family
- have the desire and ability to faithfully teach and apply the Bible
- enjoy being part of a team that is passionate about seeing God’s purposes fulfilled in and through the local church
- enjoy building, equipping and leading ministry teams
- have completed an appropriate course of study through an accredited theological college
- be registered (or working towards registration) with Queensland Baptists
- have prior ministry experience, previous pastoral experience will be highly valued
For more information or if you’d like a copy of the Position Description, please contact:
t: 0409 923 048
|Position||Cantonese Congregation Ministry Pastor||Location||Toowong Baptist Church|
Toowong Baptist Church of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia is seeking for a full-time Cantonese Congregation Ministry Pastor to join our pastoral team. Toowong Baptist Church is a vibrant, multicultural community with Cantonese, Mandarin and International-English speaking ministries seeking to connect people to God and each other through the Good News of Jesus Christ. It also has children and youth ministry programs with the sole aim of leading our next generation to Christ our Lord and Saviour.
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate will involve preaching, teaching and assuming the pastoral role through building relationships with members while ministering to their spiritual needs and outreach to embrace newcomers into the church.
The candidate should:
1. Have a sense of calling to ministry and concur with our church statement of faith;
2. Have recognised theological qualifications;
3. Be fluent in Cantonese (reading, writing and speaking);
4. Be confident in English (reading, writing and speaking);
5. Have comprehensive pastoral ministry experience;
6. Be mature and committed, set godly examples to believers in personal life; and
7. Be eligible to work in Australia, however, overseas applicants are welcome.
Please send resume, brief testimony of knowing Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour, calling to
ministry to or for more information, please contact the TBC Pastoral Search Committee at
|Position||Lead Minister||Location||Northern Beaches Connections – Townsville|
Northern Beaches Connections (NBC) is seeking a Lead Minister for 3 days per week. The God appointed applicant will be welcomed to lead a united and
supportive Leadership team, a dedicated team of ministry leaders and a small yet vibrant and enthusiastic congregation of around 50 people. We are mission focussed (through ministries) and passionate about reaching out to the community in the rapidly expanding suburbs of the Northern Beaches of Townsville (where we are based).
NBC has been known in the community for its outreach and community focus. For example, with regular Sundays dedicated to serving and connecting with
the community, in the community. We are looking to revive the community outreach aspect of NBC with renewed focus. We are seeking a Lead Minister to give spiritual oversight, pastoral care and mentorship to the church, while encouraging and supporting making connections with the wider community.
If you feel called to apply for this position, or for more information, please email your resume to Justin Osbaldiston (Secretary, Pastoral Search Team) at