Positions of Employment
From time to time we get asked to advertise positions of employment. We list those positions here, as they are brought to our attention*.
* Please note this is not a complete list of available positions within Baptist churches in Queensland, nor is it a substitute for the usual Baptist pastoral placement procedures conducted by Queensland Baptists. For more information go to www.qb.org.au
|Position||Youth & Worship Pastor||Location||Whitsunday Baptist Church|
Whitsunday Baptist Church is creating an exciting new ministry position in our team. The role is based in the spiritually tough tropical community of Airlie Beach adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays.
As part of the ministry team, you will be responsible for Youth and Worship in a dynamic, transient, multi-generational and multi-ethnic church. WBC is a growing, hospitable church with a heart for discipleship and outreach. Our church is eclectic, relaxed and contemporary in style and appeals to people with Pentecostal through to conservative evangelical persuasions as well as a dozen unbelievers on a journey.
We have existing avenues for Youth Ministry, enthusiastic Youth Leaders, a great team of musicians… plus a great sounding PA system. Your toughest challenge will be continually rebuilding your leadership team and reinventing your model of ministry in a transient landscape. However, you will be part of an established environment with access to excellent resources that will empower you to have an effective ministry in these two key ministry areas.
The position will ideally suit an individual keen to undertake part time Biblical, ministry and theological study via distance education or with bi-vocational skills (Note: Whitsunday Christian College, with whom we have an excellent working relationship, is seeking a part time 0.5 FTE music teacher).
The following key competencies are desired:
- A clearly identifiable and growing passion for Jesus empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- A sense of call to work in the ministry opportunities outlined in the position description.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the goals and objectives of the position description.
- Registered Pastor with Queensland Baptists, or on the pathway to registration, including relevant study requirements.
- Understanding of and commitment to the vision of the church and the role of Youth & Worship Pastor.
- Capacity to relate to and understand the needs of Youth.
- Musical ability; or at the very least a working understanding of music in worship.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to lead, and work with and in teams.