- This event has passed.
Denominational Distinctives (Baptist) – Intensive days
March 23 - March 24
This Denominational Distinctives unit is a fascinating unit that looks at:
- The historical origins of the tradition selected, taking account of both historical, sociological, cultural, ecclesial, theological and spiritual factors.
- Major events significant for the formation of the pastoral ethos and distinctive theological and ministerial rationale of the tradition selected for study;
- Significant figures in the tradition concerned, both men and women, at least one ‘lay’ and one “ordained”.
- The distinctive theological motifs or beliefs of the tradition and their pastoral and structural consequences (local, national and global).
- Relationships with other Christian traditions, the wider community and Australian society.
- Contemporary tensions, growth points and opportunities in the tradition selected, illustrated by a case study of a particular congregation.
Queensland Baptist Pastors may register and take part in this unit as an unaccredited student to count towards QB professional development requirements.
For more information, please contact us on 073354 5656 or the contact us form.